Powered by Blogger.

Primrose Hill.




Find meaning. Distinguish melancholy from sadness. Go out for a walk. 

When the esistelist philosopher Albert Camus wrote this thought in his Notebook, he gave out one of the most accurate tip for living a good life, having a good day or simply doing something if you are bored. Walking is one of the most basic skills we have, we learn how to do that in our first year of life and if we are lucky enough we will carry doing that until the end. However sometimes we define walking as the simple act to do when we need to do, go, take something. Well, what if we don’t need anything? Does it mean that also your mind and body doesn’t need to?


I’m not going to write a post about how walking can make you slimmer or lose calories because that’s not my point. The point is that walking around with no place to go and for essentially no reason is one of my favorite things to do since I have moved to London.



It doesn’t have to be a walk during which you’ll have multiple life epiphanies and discover meanings no other brain ever managed to encounter.


I spent the morning walking alone in Regent’s Park. It wasn’t an extraordinary day, the sun was playing hide and seek with the clouds and it was definitely loosing. It was just a normal grey day of March in London close to the start of Spring but no enough, it could have just been an anonymous one but I’ve decided to give to it a meaning, to make it stand out from the days before.

Do not be afraid of spending quality time by yourself. Find meaning or don’t find meaning but 'steal' some time and give it freely and exclusively to your own self. Opt for privacy and solitude.







Step after step in the green, with music in the ear and the wind throwing my hair all over my face, I’ve climbed on the seventy-eight meters hill famously known as Primrose Hill and when I finally arrived at the top I’ve realized three things: going out is always better than laying on your bed for hours and scrolling through your Facebook feed, London is so damn beautiful and shit I need to start going to the gym because I basically didn’t have breath anymore.




Nessun commento